Introducing a new, high quality, easy to swallow Red Yeast Rice formulation to our line of popular supplements. With a smaller capsules size than our previous Red Yeast Rice, it’s easy to swallow.
About Red Yeast Rice
Supplementation with Red Yeast Rice has been shown to significantly lower blood cholesterol levels. The natural compounds in red yeast rice, for many individuals, may prevent the need for prescription cholesterol lowering medications.
Red Yeast Rice is recommended for those with mild to moderate elevations of cholesterol or triglyceride levels who desire a significant reduction in those levels but prefer not to be on prescription medications due to expense or potential side effects. Although no serious side effects have been reported, it is wise to use it only under a physician’s supervision. Monitoring for muscle aches, elevated liver enzymes and periodic cholesterol levels is prudent.
Suggested Usage: Cholestene has a typical dosing of 2 capsules twice daily. Patients taking Ubiquinol CoQ10 should continue their current dosages unless otherwise directed.
Have questions? Please let us know and we’ll be happy to assist you.
Precautions & Safety
- Grapefruit and grapefruit juice can cause significant increase in blood levels of statin drugs. Avoid grapefruit when taking this supplement.
- Pregnant or nursing mothers or those with significant liver or kidney disease should not use Red Yeast Rice.
- We do not recommend taking with antibiotics, unless specifically recommended by a physician.
- Medical supervision is recommended for everyone taking Red Yeast Rice to periodically monitor liver function tests and cholesterol levels.
- Keep out of reach of children.