Chromium-Nicotinic Acid Complex
Chromium was discovered to be an essential nutrient in 1977. Physicians has a patient with very elevated blood sugar levels that were completely corrected with chromium supplementation. Currently 1 in 4 Americans has abnormal blood sugar metabolism with some degree of elevated blood sugar and “insulin resistance”. How many of these cases are related to chromium deficiency? Although no one knows for sure, there is now convincing research that the correct version of chromium in the correct doses could benefit countless Americans toward improved health, fat loss and metabolic fitness.
Benefits from Chromium Supplementation:
- Increase Fat Burning: Studies show that chromium supplementation in dieters results in much higher fat loss and much less muscle loss. In one study, the chromium group (600 mcg/day) lost 84% of weight as fat and 16% as muscle, while the placebo group lost only 8% of weight as fat and 92% of weight loss was muscle. Non-exercisers have lost 3.8 lbs of fat in 10 weeks simply by adding chromium. Another study showed fat reduction in exercisers to be 3 times greater with chromium.
- Increase Muscle: One study with weight lifting athletes showed 28 times more muscle gain with chromium (from 2 oz without chromium to 3.5 lbs muscle gain with chromium). Chromium has been shown to prevent muscle loss in those on very low calorie medical weight loss diets.
- Metabolic Syndrome: Chromium helps reverse the insulin resistance at the core of this condition. 10 research studies have shown that chromium lower abnormally high insulin levels.
- Diabetes Type II: 400-1000 mcg per day has been shown to relieve and reverse many of the signs and symptoms of diabetes type II , including lower blood sugars and lower cholesterol.
- Diabetes Type I: Insulin doses were reduced by 30% in type I diabetes with 200 mcg chromium per day.
1 capsule daily is recommended