Brain & Cell Energy Support
with PQQ, Acetyl-L-Carnitine, Vitamin B-12, and CoQ10
Supports Brain Function, Cognition & Cell Energy!
The effects of aging concern all of us, especially if we’ve seen loved ones experience a decline of energy, mental clarity, and memory. Positive nutrition and lifestyle factors, including strenuous exercise, are keys to keeping our minds, bodies, and individual cells as youthful as possible as we enter our later decades.
Brain & Cell Energy Support at a glance*
- Mitochondria within our cells produce >95% of life energy
- PQQ supports mitochondrial energy production
- PQQ promotes creation of NEW mitochondria inside your cells!
- Promotes brain function, including “cognitive” support
- Helps cells maintain youthful energy production
In one important way, nature seems to be against us. As we age, there is a small set of structures within each cell known as “mitochondria” that start to malfunction and disappear. These tiny organelles turn energy-containing substances in to useful energy that we can feel and use. Without these mitochondria, our cells can no longer perform the work for which they were designed. We can see some of the evidence for this in the frail and failing elderly in nursing homes. Young people’s cells, on the other hand, have many mitochondria, up to 2500 per cell, and more energy production.
PQQ, short for “Pyrroloquinoline Quinone”, is a natural vitamin-like compound found in various foods and beverages, such as tea, fermented soybeans, and fruits*. Researchers have shown that PQQ is the only known nutrient that enhances growth of new mitochondria within cells. In elderly humans, PQQ has shown increased blood flow to the brain, improved attention and working memory, and improved learning ability, suggesting that PQQ can help prevent the common loss in brain function with aging.
*Note: Humans normally consume less than 1 mg of PQQ from foods daily. Brain & Cell Energy Support has 20 mg.
Brain and Cell Energy Support contains the following active ingredients in each capsule:
- PQQ (Pyrroloquinoline Quinone) – 20 mg
- CoQ10 (Coenzyme Q10) – 30 mg
- Vitamin B12 (Methylcobalamin) – 1,000 mcg
- Acetyl L-Carnitine – 200 mg
Research involving PQQ in humans and animals indicates the following:*
- Stimulates growth of fresh, new mitochondria
- Improves memory performance in humans
- Reduces inflammatory proteins (C-Reactive Protein by 45% and Interleukin-6) § Works as an antioxidant, protecting mitochondria
- Improves human mitochondrial function quickly
- Considered a “longevity vitamin” and essential nutrient
- High energy organs, like brain and heart, require healthy mitochondria
- Mitochondrial decay and malfunction accelerates aging and disease
- Brain mitochondria can have 50% more damage after age 70
Research involving CoQ10 in humans and animals indicates the following:*
- Works as an antioxidant, protecting our mitochondria
- Considered an anti-aging nutrient
- Deficiency accelerates aging
- Lifespan of animals is increased with supplementation
- Supports brain and heart health
- Levels in the blood decline with aging
- 30 mg is the same amount found in a pound of sardines!
Research involving Vitamin B12 in humans and animals indicates the following:*
- Deficiency is a risk factor for loss of brain function
- B-vitamin associated with less depression in elderly
- B-12 associated with reduced brain shrinkage with age
- Deficiency of B12 accelerates age-related memory decline
- Reduces homocysteine, a risk factor for stroke
Research involving Acetyl L-Carnitine in humans and animals indicates the following:*
- Transports fat in to mitochondria for energy production
- Deficiency is found in those with depression
- Supplementation has improved mental and physical fatigue
- 2000 mg improved muscle mass and brain function
Suggested Usage: Take 1 capsule daily with a meal, or as directed by your healthcare provider. Mitochondria are the organelles that produce almost all of the cellular energy the body requires. While present in all cells, organs like the heart and brain are particularly dense with mitochondria due to their high energy demands. Pyrroloquinoline quinone (PQQ) is a B vitamin-like enzyme cofactor that helps to protect mitochondria from oxidative stress and promotes the generation of new mitochondria within cells.* PQQ may thus help to maintain robust cellular energy production, support heart health, and promote normal cognitive function.* CoQ10 and acetyl-L-carnitine have been included for their critical roles in mitochondrial function and energy production.*
We recommend one capsule daily for those who have age-related memory loss, mental function decline, low energy levels, or other indicators of mental or physical decline from aging. In research, the equivalent of one capsule daily, providing 20 mg of PQQ, has provided the PQQ benefits noted above. Vitamin B-12, CoQ10, and Acetyl L-Carnitine are also supportive of healthy brain function and protection of our mitochondria during aging.
Precautions & Safety
Caution: For adults only. Consult physician if pregnant/nursing, taking medication (especially warfarin or acenocoumerol), or have a medical condition.
This product not recommended for those with advanced liver or kidney disease.
Keep out of reach of children.
Adv Exp Med Biol. 2016;876:319-25
PNAS OCT 23, 2018, vol. 115, no 43
J Nut Biochem, 24 (2013) 2076-84
Life Extension, Feb 2011: 53-60
Life Extension, AUG 2013: 24-33
Functional Foods in Health & Dis 2012,2(8):307-24